1 . Set a realistic weight loss target. You do not need to be the next Kate Moss!
2. Eat at set meal times, preferably at a table.
3. Eat slowly and focus on the taste of the food.
Here is a very important one…
4. Eat only when you are genuinely hungry. Be honest with yourself. Stop when you are satisfied. (Check out this weight loss system).
5. Leave something on your plate every meal – even if it is just one pea. This breaks any habits of eating everything on your plate.
6. Drink plenty of fluids, especially water. Avoid alcohol and sugary drinks.
7. Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables – at least your recommended 5 per day.
8. Get more exercise. You don’t have to live in the gym. Try walking shorter journeys you would normally drive. Use stairs instead of the lift. Enjoy relaxing country walks.
9. Enjoy life. Be happy, get out and seek fun experiences. Get new hobbies – this can distract you from overeating.
Did you know that most people are overweight because they eat too quickly? What happens is that you eat too quickly for your stomach to register it is full. (It takes about 20 minutes for your stomach to know it’s full)
This causes you to slightly overeat every time you have a meal. This is why many people gradually gain weight over years, without hardly noticing it.
I can help you with hypnotherapy…