Here I show you exactly how to do self hypnosis…
Hypnotherapy is NOT the exclusive domain of the hypnotherapist. You can learn how to do self hypnosis…
Here are some tips to get you into a hypnotic trance, followed by tips on various therapies…
To get into trance
- Find a quiet place where you won’t be disturbed for at least half an hour.
- Get yourself comfortable, either seated or led down, it’s your choice.
- Close your eyes and take 10 slow deep breaths, saying to yourself the word “relax” on every out breath.
- Spend a few minutes focusing on your slow deep breathing. Imagine feeling lighter and lighter with each out breath.
- Imagine floating up and seeing the place you are in right now from this higher perspective. Take a good look around.
- Now imagine floating above the building you are in right now. Again take a good look around you. Notice how the building and the area around looks from this perspective. Notice familiar landmarks.
- You can now float off to anywhere you choose. Float to a pleasant place that will relax you and make you feel happy. Many people choose a beach or a secluded garden, but it’s entirely up to you.
- Enjoy yourself!
In itself this is very therapeutic. Most people do not relax enough, and this can create many health and psychological problems. Just doing this type of exercise has seen people lose weight, gain confidence, beat addictions, and all sorts of other benefits. However with hypnotherapy we can do more. Here are some tips to help you with specific therapy.
(If you are struggling to get into trance, don’t worry as this normal to begin with. Don’t give in.
If you need help doing self hypnosis, I highly recommend using binaural beats. They can quickly change your brain waves to a rhythm that makes it easier to drift into a trance.)
Once you have chilled in your relaxing space for a while, you can add some specific therapy. Whilst I cannot teach you everything about hypnotherapy here, I can give you some very solid basics. With some imagination you can adapt these tools to help you with almost anything you like.
Imagine yourself at your target weight. Look at yourself in the mirror and picture how you look as clearly as you can.
Imagine life like this. How happy you feel, and how peoples’ reactions are to you. Maybe it will allow you to do things you wouldn’t do before.
Notice how much more attention you get from the opposite sex. Enjoy this experience as much as you can, as you are telling your subconscious mind that this is what you want in life. It will then help you change your habits to make this happen.
Imagine a symbol that represents your habit of smoking. It could be a cigarette, a dark cloud, anything.
Imagine locking this habit into a metal box and throwing the key far out to sea. Now with your superhuman imaginary strength, imagine throwing the box into the air, for it to break out of the atmosphere and keep on drifting away for ever into deep space.
Your smoking habit has gone forever. Now tell yourself 10 times, with conviction, that you are now a non smoker – say “I am now a non smoker” 10 times.
Think of a person you know who is very confident. It could be a friend or even a celebrity. Spend some time imagining being them. Imagine various scenarios acting like they would act. This could be at work, with friends, at the supermarket etc.
A good way to help with most issues is through mental rehearsal. If you want to play better piano, then imagine yourself playing brilliantly. If you wish to land that job, then imagine yourself performing brilliantly at the interview.
This helps programme your subconscious mind for success. Always be positive when using self hypnosis – positive things happen to positive thinking people.
Congratulations – you now know how to do self hypnosis. Enjoy!
Would you like to learn how to do more therapies? I have created a book that has 85 different therapies for you. Please click the link below…